Big thanks to my friend Lucy and her blog Littlelostsoul for awarding me this rather fabulous and glitzy stylish blogger award! it's nice to know there are people enjoying my little posts.
Apparently the idea behind it is that when you receive one of these you link back to the person who awarded it to you, share seven things about yourself and link to 15 other deserving blogs and let them know you have done so!
However, since I am fairly new to this malarky, I don't yet have 15 other blogs to link to so I'll put that part on hold until I do.
My seven things however, I will attempt for you!
1. I hate the summer! The sticky horrible british summer combined with very pasty skin that burns easily and supercharged hayfever makes me long for September every year.
2. You'd no more get me on a rollercoaster than fly to the moon. I've tried; I failed and cried a lot!
3. As I'm getting older I'm turning to tea rather than alcohol.
4. My favourite smells are lemons, bacon frying, fresh coffee, clean sheets, distilled turpentine, the garden when it's raining, pencil lead (odd?) warm chocolate brownies, Lush shops and oil paint.
5. My Studio is affectionaly referred to as 'The Cube of Pain' owing to it's difficulty in design, construction and cost to build!
6. I'm soon to be an auntie again, something I'm very excited about!
7. I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Hey, don't knock it til you try it!
Wednesday, 9 February 2011
Tuesday, 8 February 2011
Today has been pretty productive, made a start on 4 new panels and a lot of progress on the base painting of a canvas that has been calling my name for a while. The studio was warmer than it has been for a while and it doesn't half help!
I have some time off work coming up so am looking forward to getting all of these pieces finished very soon! Images to follow as and when, for now, here's my lovely sunny studio taken today.
Posted by Vicki Lawson at Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Thursday, 3 February 2011
Just a quick one to let you know that I have a piece of work showing at The Collection in Lincoln from Saturday the 5th, along with a collection of other artists as part of this new Open competiion which showcases artists from all over the east midlands region. I'm really looking forward to the Private view tomorrow and who knows, I could win a prize!
Posted by Vicki Lawson at Thursday, February 03, 2011